What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

57 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Snowdrops appearing on my walk today 😀

5E6744B8-2C3F-45DC-ABBB-5AA891520E0A.jpeg

That is always a delightful sight.

Over here the first big sign that spring has arrived is the smell of wild onions. One of my favorite smells actually. There are probably several other earlier indicators, but that smell is the thing that really gets my blood pumping again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 2/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, Glasseye said:

That is always a delightful sight.

Over here the first big sign that spring has arrived is the smell of wild onions. One of my favorite smells actually. There are probably several other earlier indicators, but that smell is the thing that really gets my blood pumping again.

Still two months to wait for spring here - and another big snowstorm forecast for tonight and tomorrow...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Still two months to wait for spring here - and another big snowstorm forecast for tonight and tomorrow...

We are now missing that massive mess going through the middle of the country right now. I'm very thankful that is missing us. 🙏

Do you have a wood fire stove ?   I would think those must be real life savers up in your parts.

• Like 1

Watching the news about the ongoing truckers convoy in Ottawa, protesting the vaccine mandate/quarantines for cross-border drivers. 

It’s been over a week now, and residents are getting very tired of it. Prisoners in their own city

Edited by Golfingboy

49 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Days Holiday from work so waiting for it to stop raining. Gonna head in to town to buy some new slippers. Time was I would be heading out for cider from the offiie!. 

God, I'm getting old and sensible. 😂

Don't forget to buy some comfy bed socks whilst you are there ..... and why not buy a nice warm blanket to put over your legs at the footie !!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Don't forget to buy some comfy bed socks whilst you are there ..... and why not buy a nice warm blanket to put over your legs at the footie !!

Got a couple of pairs of thermal socks I bought in Millets to wear on the bike when it's cold, and I'll wear them in bed on cold nights. Also got a nice fleece throw/blanket from M&S on my bed and that's pretty nice. Not sure about the taking it to football, next it will be flask and sandwiches. 🤣

Ended up getting some slippers from Primark for a fiver. My old ones were falling apart inside and these will do the job. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Glasseye said:

We are now missing that massive mess going through the middle of the country right now. I'm very thankful that is missing us. 🙏

Do you have a wood fire stove ?   I would think those must be real life savers up in your parts.

My primary heat source is a thermostatically controlled wood stove - keeps the house temperature constant as long as there is wood burning in the box; and an oil-fired forced air furnace for backup and warmer weather. This system has worked very well for the 35 years I have lived in this home but firewood has become scarce and expensive this year because of political interference - hoping this year brings some solutions for this problem. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Watching the news about the ongoing truckers convoy in Ottawa, protesting the vaccine mandate/quarantines for cross-border drivers. 

It’s been over a week now, and residents are getting very tired of it. Prisoners in their own city

And the worst part of it is that it isn't going to make a damned bit of difference - especially with the laughable coverage by our major media sources in Canada. 

21 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Jesus Christ Glass, here in Calif, we got 15 feet of snow at Lake Tahoe in Dec right? I thought it was going to be a "monster" Winter here and we would finally get out of the drought we have been in....

Nope....there has not been any rain here for 6 weeks, it is dry as a bone again and it is like Spring here. Supposed to be 72-75 degrees here in San Jose all next week...do not understand what is going on here in Calif with the weather pattern. Not good! 

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Jesus Christ Glass, here in Calif, we got 15 feet of snow at Lake Tahoe in Dec right? I thought it was going to be a "monster" Winter here and we would finally get out of the drought we have been in....

Nope....there has not been any rain here for 6 weeks, it is dry as a bone again and it is like Spring here. Supposed to be 72-75 degrees here in San Jose all next week...do not understand what is going on here in Calif with the weather pattern. Not good! 

Yikes ! 

Nice weather to enjoy. Until someone drops a match....

• Like 1