What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

Found some hawk bait... 

20220205-IMG_2561.jpg

20220205-IMG_2566.jpg

20220205-IMG_2580.jpg

20220205-IMG_2581.jpg

Love good bird shots. I am too lazy to get my good equipment out (Canon AE-1, with tele. lens, film). Whenever I try to use my phone it just doesn't come out well. And those little bastards are skittish as a whore in church. 

I sure do love watching them as I have a front row seat in front of my feeders. Things are kind of slow right now during the cold spell. But, spring is around the corner and will be seeing some great action soon.

It's actually the only thing I will really miss once I finally let go of this place/

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Love good bird shots. I am too lazy to get my good equipment out (Canon AE-1, with tele. lens, film). Whenever I try to use my phone it just doesn't come out well.

I've got one of these regularly sitting above my "patio" area but I don't have a camera or phone. 

It is a beautiful bird and today I think it made my Tesco Lotus delivery man late for his next job because he was fascinated by it (and I don't mean in a Chinese way!)....

https://ebird.org/species/lacwoo1

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I wish we had a queen to straighten out cunts like him.

Looks like we'll have another when our current Queen passes. And she'll come with her Majesty's blessing. Always been uncertainty whether she would be when Charles becomes King. 

_123150637_mirror0602.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2022 at 3:00 AM, Glasseye said:

Is that a Ford Ranger ?   I used to have a '94. Green like that.

Yes, it's a '96 4x4 single cab/long box with 4.0 V6 and 5 spd manual - I previously owned an identical '94 except it had the 3.0 V6 instead - good little trucks and it's all I drive in the winter time, my other vehicles are all parked. 

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Looks like we'll have another when our current Queen passes. And she'll come with her Majesty's blessing. Always been uncertainty whether she would be when Charles becomes King. 

_123150637_mirror0602.png

Glad the Queen has stepped and expressed her preference, rather than leaving it to the tabloids once she passes ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, it's a '96 4x4 single cab/long box with 4.0 V6 and 5 spd manual - I previously owned an identical '94 except it had the 3.0 V6 instead - good little trucks and it's all I drive in the winter time, my other vehicles are all parked. 

Same, same - except mine was a 95, 5-spd, had the 3.0 *which was plenty. I really enjoyed the truck. Eventually the clutch went out. I was considering fixing it until I got underneath it and discovered that the frame was almost completely rusted through in two critical spots. End of that...

Fucking heavy road salt on the Illinois roads ate that baby up.

Ford has a new small truck now. They are calling it the Maverick. From what I have seen looks like a nice package.

Same, same - except mine was a 95, 5-spd, had the 3.0 *which was plenty. I really enjoyed the truck. Eventually the clutch went out. I was considering fixing it until I got underneath it and discovered that the frame was almost completely rusted through in two critical spots. End of that...

Fucking heavy road salt on the Illinois roads ate that baby up.

Ford has a new small truck now. They are calling it the Maverick. From what I have seen looks like a nice package.

Well, this one with the 4l motor has far and away more power than the 3l had, but they are both old designs and pigs on gas, lol....

My first car was a used Maverick, back then it was a sedan or a coupe, not a truck.  My first job when I got it back to base was to tie the muffler back up with a coat hanger.  Lance Corporals weren't paid much, but at least I had a ride.  When I left the Corps a bit over year later I sold it for what I paid for it.

Looked like this except it was dark green.

1977_nuevolaredo-nl-1.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tko said:

My first car was a used Maverick, back then it was a sedan or a coupe, not a truck.  My first job when I got it back to base was to tie the muffler back up with a coat hanger.  Lance Corporals weren't paid much, but at least I had a ride.  When I left the Corps a bit over year later I sold it for what I paid for it.

Looked like this except it was dark green.

1977_nuevolaredo-nl-1.jpg

Yes, I remember the Maverick well.

My first car was a '72 Pinto. Rode hard, put away wet.... lol. Started blowing oil like a stuck pig. Traded it in for a '76 Gran Torino Elite. Man, did I love that car. They had front seats you could fold back (way back). I filled up the ash tray with condoms, f***d my girl at least once a week in that damn car.

1974 Ford Gran Torino Elite Coupe (3 of 5) | Photographed ...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1