What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

33 minutes ago, Britboy said:

I'm packing, trying to jam everything into 2 suitcases and a large holdall. Such a tight squeeze and goodness knows how I'm going to get all my laptop stuff into my briefcase . . 😕

Have checked in for my flight to Helsinki tomorrow but it won't let me check in for Helsinki to BKK, tells me I need to do that at the desk, despite them asking and me uploading the Thai Pass. Can see it being a scramble in Helsinki, 1 hr 45 mins transit time.

Always my biggest worry when having a change is that my bags show up at the destination . . Just hope I haven't talked that up . . 😕

I've flown Finnair a couple of times, good airline. 1hr and 45mins will be more than enough time to see all of the airport twice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I am currently questioning my understanding of the need to wear masks over the last year or so.... I understood that it was to prevent the spread of covid such that you wore a mask so as not to infect those around you..

...... but now those over 60 and those at risk should still consider wearing a mask ... surely it should be those in a 2m vicinity of the over 60s or at risk that should consider wearing a mask??

I look forward to a clarification on Flabulous 103 tomorrow ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Just replaced the clutch cable on my bike.

Proper strip down, same as when I fitted the heated grips.

Cable?? I thought most were hydraulic nowadays?.

Prefer cable myself though, I always thought the hydraulic ones lacked feel and were a bit snappy when my hands were cold.

just finished work, got home, no food ready. Disappointing.

Edited by Butch

Just now, Butch said:

Cable?? I thought most were hydraulic nowadays?.

Prefer cable myself though, I always thought the hydraulic ones lacked feel and were a bit snappy when my hands were cold.

My last bike, the ZX-7R was hydraulic, but most seem cable these day's. With all the electronic aids most new Higher end bikes have ride by wire throttle rather than cables to link with the electronic software. Sign of the time's. 

• Great Info 1

18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Celebrating with a cup of coffee that I am now homeless. While I slept my son, acting on my behalf, completed the sale of my home in the US. I had planned on selling two years ago, but then Covid happened. As it turns out the delay was a good thing as with all the money being printed by the govt the house increased in value by about 30%.

That's nothing , you should see the price of tree houses in the U.K. .. 😉😉😉 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I had just finished doing the laundry and was hanging it up with Fabulous 103 playing in the background .... and then I heard lyrics that went something like:-

Shag me, shag me

Shag me in the hiney

Shag me, shag me 

I like it in the hiney

I would love to know what song it was... for @tommy deeit was around 9am (ish)

It wasn't a song but Tommy forgot to turn off the microphone

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Zambo said:

I've flown Finnair a couple of times, good airline. 1hr and 45mins will be more than enough time to see all of the airport twice.

One of the reasons I chose Helsinki as transit was they apparently have a smoking room. Changing planes without that would mean about 18 hours without a puff . . . ☹️ 

1 hour ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Listening to the rain and thunder outside. It is nice with some water after a week of nearly 30c every day

Raining here now, just made it indoors before it started. 

Wimbledon starting soon so gonna piss down for the next couple of weeks. 🤣

• Haha 3

Just been going through my wardrobes selecting summer clothes to pack for my trip to Thailand. I dropped 4 stone during my cancer treatment and recovery so some of my old shirts are like tents. On the other hand I have regained weight since then. Obviously, being a renowned fashion icon in Pattaya🙄I need to go shopping this week for some new clothes,and start going to the gym twice per week. 

I am have become a physical wreck since my last trip. 

If I am to become an elderly Peter Pan for a month, I will have to gear myself up for that arduous task 😁😁

Getting old is tough

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Renewed the stain on my patio handrail - sanded off all the old weathered stuff yesterday and then had to wait until after 8:30PM for the sun to get low enough to go behind the tops of the trees, also helped by some thin cloud, to get the first coat on;  then up this morning at 0630 to get the finish coat on while the sun was still low and behind trees and more thin cloud. Outdoor painting and staining can be a bugger at these latitudes at this time of year - hard to get perfect conditions, either too much sun, too much rain, etc - yesterday was the best chance I've had yet and it seemed to work pretty well:

img_1600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1