What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

11 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Whitehouse Condotel.    next hotel down Soi 13, butts up to the Dynasty. Absolutely fabulous place. Wonderful GM, great brekkie (free), wonderful staff.

Been my go-to for years.

https://www.whitehousecondotel.com/

This looks pretty good,it looks like the rooms facing to the sea have a building in front of them ? so would the rooms facing the soi be better ? i do like a big balcony to sit and chill,hard to tell if bigger than the ones at dynasty.

Just now, Phantom51red said:

This looks pretty good,it looks like the rooms facing to the sea have a building in front of them ? so would the rooms facing the soi be better ? i do like a big balcony to sit and chill,hard to tell if bigger than the ones at dynasty.

Rooms are well appointed, much more pleasant and better set up than the Dynasty. Great lighting in the rooms, well cared for. Bathrooms are great.

Balconies are very good sized. I always get a room on the lower floors (single (superior) rooms) suits me fine. 

Don't expect a view on the lower floors. I would get a room on the side facing toward the Dynasty. The other side faces the car park which can be very noisy at times (there are drain gratings that the cars drive over and are very loud). Dynasty side is much quieter, but you will hear local noise from the bar on the corner.

Food there is great. Never have had a bad meal. 

Been going there for over ten years now. Always feel comfortable and well cared for. 

Location is great. A laundry in the building around the car park, Sportsmans, Das Berliner in same building. Beach Road right down the Soi. Nice Soi. 

Nothing is perfect, but I have not found anything that I like better.

• Great Info 2

22 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Rooms are well appointed, much more pleasant and better set up than the Dynasty. Great lighting in the rooms, well cared for. Bathrooms are great.

Balconies are very good sized. I always get a room on the lower floors (single (superior) rooms) suits me fine. 

Don't expect a view on the lower floors. I would get a room on the side facing toward the Dynasty. The other side faces the car park which can be very noisy at times (there are drain gratings that the cars drive over and are very loud). Dynasty side is much quieter, but you will hear local noise from the bar on the corner.

Food there is great. Never have had a bad meal. 

Been going there for over ten years now. Always feel comfortable and well cared for. 

Location is great. A laundry in the building around the car park, Sportsmans, Das Berliner in same building. Beach Road right down the Soi. Nice Soi. 

Nothing is perfect, but I have not found anything that I like better.

Thanks very much i appreciate the info,yea sounds alright ,tho i wont be booking anything yet until last day in bkk,just in case plans change,ate in the sportmans few times in the past,glad its still open,cheers 👍.

13 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Thanks very much i appreciate the info,yea sounds alright ,tho i wont be booking anything yet until last day in bkk,just in case plans change,ate in the sportmans few times in the past,glad its still open,cheers 👍.

Have a nice trip. 

The longer you wait the more the road construction will be "caught up".... and hopefully less likely to see big rains.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

Sorry to hear that.

Did you fly Eva?

Is there still a requirement to wear a mask do you know?

They have notices up at baggage drop saying masks required on board.

Not enforced,I didn't wear one from leaving my house to checking into my hotel in Bangkok.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Painter said:

Unfortunately it seems unlikely that I'll be offered my 5g update before travelling next month. 

I'm travelling next month too, and have been offered Cov-19 jabs by 2 sources. I've not accepted either. Shame I can't transfer the offers to you.