What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just finished talking to my sister before she boards her flight. She’s in one of those posh lounges in Manchester airport, I think it’s Emirates or some such airline.

Flying to Doha, short stop then onto Sydney and connecting flight to Tasmania. 

She and her husband will be knackered when they finally get there.

Lucky people, almost 3 months holiday away from the winter here. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Had a lovely day at the beach, took the little one  in to the waves and she had a great time. The weather has got much better and so may go into Lamai tonight, there is a really good rock band at the Shamrock bar, female lead singer/guitar, well worth a revisit.

Also if we do go back we are hoping to see Thai Spice (or his doppelganger) dancing again, thought it was him as the dance moves were so perfect, so precise. Everybody was watching and thinking this guy really has it sorted, I was envious. lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Had a lovely day at the beach, took the little one  in to the waves and she had a great time. The weather has got much better and so may go into Lamai tonight, there is a really good rock band at the Shamrock bar, female lead singer/guitar, well worth a revisit.

Also if we do go back we are hoping to see Thai Spice (or his doppelganger) dancing again, thought it was him as the dance moves were so perfect, so precise. Everybody was watching and thinking this guy really has it sorted, I was envious. lol

Come on, the guy is locked in 1st low gear.... Should not be difficult to find a better candidate !

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Come on, the guy is locked in 1st low gear.... Should not be difficult to find a better candidate !

Feeble excuses, it was you then lol

Actually was in there tonight but left just before band came on due a complete drunk arseole who kept whistling at all the staff really loudly. He was a local expat who then proceeded to knock a girl's glass over much to her boyfriend's annoyance who got up to knock the guys block off before the waitresses all dived in.  

The party paid up and left, so did 2 other couples. The manager all this time is just sitting there doing nothing. I told the waitress if the manager doesn't act we were leaving.

Even after the pissed guy got on the stage and took the mike from the singer and started singing the manager just stared.

We checked bin and left. The band looked bemused, the crowd left numbered about 6 people including the pissed guy and his bits of fluff.

Another guy when drunk who doesn't realise the damage they are doing, I will be surprised if he makes it home without a broken jaw.

21 minutes ago, Esco said:

Wishing I'd put on some suncream when I went out for a spin on the bike yesterday. 🍅

Don't think you will need sun cream today, like a bloody typhoon right now.

Staying safe in room right now but things are flying around outside. Loads of water in our room, good use of our towels though......

Little one cuddling close, really scared of the noise of thunder.

Edited by Horizondave

38 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Don't think you will need sun cream today, like a bloody typhoon right now.

Staying safe in room right now but things are flying around outside. Loads of water in our room, good use of our towels though......

Little one cuddling close, really scared of the noise of thunder.

Just a little shower lol. 

It should be clearing up this afternoon, let's see. 

Maybe we'll head to Ark Bar later if it does, we're just having breakfast in the restaurant. 

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Just a little shower lol. 

It should be clearing up this afternoon, let's see. 

Maybe we'll head to Ark Bar later if it does, we're just having breakfast in the restaurant. 

Just in Lamai now at Bamboo restaurant next door to Bikini Reggae bar on beach. Lovely food and cheap. Just been to pick up some money from bank so back at hotel around 4 pm. 

Not sure about Ark bar as want to take little one on beach if weather holds out.

Can catch up later in Chaweng.

25 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just in Lamai now at Bamboo restaurant next door to Bikini Reggae bar on beach. Lovely food and cheap. Just been to pick up some money from bank so back at hotel around 4 pm. 

Not sure about Ark bar as want to take little one on beach if weather holds out.

Just in the hotel bar having a Leo. 

Reading this.About half way through and its pretty good.As one of the first generation of young players who was earning mega money,he talks about how it basically turned him into an arsehole.The chapter about the England team's gambling school is an eye opener,with some players losing over £100k in a single night in a hotel room.

516PSYtGZNL.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Great little restaurant, although my favourite used to be the one next to it , CoCos ( formerly the Triple Taste ) think it's now closed though 😞 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

Reading this.About half way through and its pretty good.As one of the first generation of young players who was earning mega money,he talks about how it basically turned him into an arsehole.The chapter about the England team's gambling school is an eye opener,with some players losing over £100k in a single night in a hotel room.

516PSYtGZNL.jpg

Great book. Loved him as a player, very skillful, great pace but his attitude meant he never fulfilled his true potential. Had some horrible injuries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Great book. Loved him as a player, very skillful, great pace but his attitude meant he never fulfilled his true potential. Had some horrible injuries. 

He joined us in 2011/12 near the end of the season.The start of the season after he lasted 3 minutes before being stretchered off and out for months.

Was quality back in his younger years but injuries ruined his career.