What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, JPK said:

Heading to the pub for a few beers before the football

86C8E5B1-512B-450A-A7A6-2D362E93F57E.jpeg

You jammy buggers !  Wasn't it a late equaliser in another game that got you through to the next round ? 

I remember 8000 + Celtic fans coming to my team Blackburn in the uefa cup years ago. Chris Sutton was playing for you and you did a job on us that night. A shame really as I thought we were sucker punched by a Larsson goal up at your place.

good luck in the next round.

• Haha 1

Reading this :

And yes, he is spot on concerning some long term expats gone native and lost touch. Many posts I saw on various forums during the years just attest it, and some are even proud about it.....

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2018/12/column-9-december-going-native/

One of the worst things that can happen to a long-term expat is losing perspective about the world in general, and specifically where Thailand fits in. Many Thais see Thailand as the centre of the universe and really do believe the world revolves around it….and more than a few expats adopt a similarly distorted view.

But guess what ? I dont give a hoot !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Reading this :

And yes, he is spot on concerning some long term expats gone native and lost touch. Many posts I saw on various forums during the years just attest it, and some are even proud about it.....

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2018/12/column-9-december-going-native/

One of the worst things that can happen to a long-term expat is losing perspective about the world in general, and specifically where Thailand fits in. Many Thais see Thailand as the centre of the universe and really do believe the world revolves around it….and more than a few expats adopt a similarly distorted view.

But guess what ? I dont give a hoot !

From what I've read on fora most expats think their home country and that's predominately the UK to be the centre of the fucking universe. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Esco said:

From what I've read on fora most expats think their home country and that's predominately the UK to be the centre of the fucking universe. 

bwahahahaha, Amen to that...Everything revolves around that so why the fuck are they attracted to a 3rd world shithole ?

Edited by Sir_Fondles

15 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

I'm a steel man... coulda knocked this shit out in a week easily and when I come back with a tape measure it wont have moved 30mm out of sqaure.

Worked the last 35 years on this kind of toys, so I no steel for me when off work !

images.jpg.7817cd97a514fc7d9967a22a7c730f4d.jpg

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.665bf8c3d17a1441e2d7d1fcfc0baca0.jpg

10 hours ago, Aqualung said:

You jammy buggers !  Wasn't it a late equaliser in another game that got you through to the next round ? 

I remember 8000 + Celtic fans coming to my team Blackburn in the uefa cup years ago. Chris Sutton was playing for you and you did a job on us that night. A shame really as I thought we were sucker punched by a Larsson goal up at your place.

good luck in the next round.

We were definitely lucky, Salzburg looked a brilliant team last night, they beat us to every ball.  I couldn't believe it when I heard Rosenborg had scored right at the end of their game. In Europe after Christmas what a result😎 

Some quality teams we can get in the draw on Monday. hopefully get somewhere decent for a wee trip away for a few days.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Well had a great time in Koh Samui but now at Samui Airport awaiting our flight to Bangkok.

What a great place to spent your holidays and what a lovely airport.

I will be back

Airport pics

Love Koh Samui, If i was to retire in Thailand thats most likely the place.

Thanks for the pics.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Well had a great time in Koh Samui but now at Samui Airport awaiting our flight to Bangkok.

What a great place to spent your holidays and what a lovely airport.

I will be back

Airport pics

20181215_101710.thumb.jpg.d9bf70a046769d9c1c8aed407c662eb7.jpg

20181215_105101.thumb.jpg.651d2557812aa147421bb3bbfbbe664d.jpg

20181215_102655.thumb.jpg.18554ffebbf419c90cf8d97dc8202889.jpg

20181215_105112.thumb.jpg.ad796d7fb7498ebcba396d2c381ce727.jpg

Was a pleasure spending quality time with you and the family. 

Safe journey mate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Love Koh Samui, If i was to retire in Thailand thats most likely the place.

Thanks for the pics.

I agree, it has a great vibe to it, almost European at times. 

Chaweng has some really cool bars and clubs but other than one local expat out of his skull I didn't see any tourists ruining an evening's enjoyment.

I was surprised the scale of what was on offer but it still didn't detract from the beauty of the place.

Some of the villas perched high up on the hills looked fantastic and the views must be spectacular

Loved the fact that most resorts are low storey style in keeping with a tropical paradise.

The beaches were lovely and views from such places as Fisherman's Village out to the bays and across to other islands were so awesome.

The weather was crap and still loved it, if it was clear and sunny it would have been brilliant.

Had some excellent food, met some great people through Mike (Esco) which just added to our overall enjoyment.

I will return

1 hour ago, Esco said:

Was a pleasure spending quality time with you and the family. 

Safe journey mate. 

Same same, you and your good lady were excellent company. Really were a great tour guide and introduced us to some wonderful people.

Would be happy to see Nut again, lovely character.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Just for your info I am no longer grumpy with Emirates.

After arriving at Swampy took a trip upstairs to Emirates, spoke with a 'lovely' young man who was all about customer service. Let him know I was BA staff but booked with Emirates full fare as got married last week and didn't want to standby. Obviously felt a kindred spirit with me and booked me emergency exit aisle seat free of charge. 

Result.

• Thumbs Up 4

16 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I agree, it has a great vibe to it, almost European at times. 

Chaweng has some really cool bars and clubs but other than one local expat out of his skull I didn't see any tourists ruining an evening's enjoyment.

I was surprised the scale of what was on offer but it still didn't detract from the beauty of the place.

Some of the villas perched high up on the hills looked fantastic and the views must be spectacular

Loved the fact that most resorts are low storey style in keeping with a tropical paradise.

The beaches were lovely and views from such places as Fisherman's Village out to the bays and across to other islands were so awesome.

The weather was crap and still loved it, if it was clear and sunny it would have been brilliant.

Had some excellent food, met some great people through Mike (Esco) which just added to our overall enjoyment.

I will return

Sold!

We'll be going there next trip!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1