What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Used to hammer the white cider mate but it kills your guts.I would be in the shitter up to 8 times a day.Went years without a solid shit.Guts still ain't right now.

Aye, it's on a par with surgical spirits ffs.

Industrial alcohol with a bit of flavouring.

Cheap and nasty, because it literally is cheap and nasty, stay away from that shite.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Chokdeekap said:

I always fly biz class so for me no , but the plane always seems full on the Dubai - BKK leg  

Funnily enough for me the BKK DXB leg was not full but the DXB Heathrow leg was really full. I did have a passenger next to me but for once I had a lovely young blonde who was quite chatty, I really didn't mind the chat.

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Funnily enough for me the BKK DXB leg was not full but the DXB Heathrow leg was really full. I did have a passenger next to me but for once I had a lovely young blonde who was quite chatty, I really didn't mind the chat.

That’s because your heading back I find that that the LHR -DXB leg is quite , but the DXB -BKK leg is busy lots of Arabs and expats coming from Dubai to Thailand 

I also find that the BKK -DXB leg is quite but the DXB - LHR is busy lots of expats and Arabs heading to London.

I have flown out from Birmingham, Manchester, London and sometimes there’s only been one or two of us in biz , but flying from Dubai to BKK biz it’s mostly always been full. 

Edited by Chokdeekap

6 minutes ago, Chokdeekap said:

That’s because your heading back I find that that the LHR -DXB leg is quite , but the DXB -BKK leg is busy lots of Arabs and expats coming from Dubai to Thailand 

I also find that the BKK -DXB leg is quite but the DXB - LHR is busy lots of expats and Arabs heading to London.

I have flown out from Birmingham, Manchester, London and sometimes there’s only been one or two of us in biz , but flying from Dubai to BKK biz it’s mostly always been full. 

As Dubai is not a mandatory stop for me I doubt I will be using Emirates again and too be honest they were not offering the same service as they first did when I used them many times in early 90's.  Now I am only judging economy and was not impressed with my Bangkok Dubai leg.  Despite having a great seat with no one in the row I thought the service was poor, they even forgot to give me the snacks expected (on menu) before landing in Dubai, I had to ask for them.  I also thought the crew looked uninterested, even yawning in front of me quite a few times when serving and seated which I found quite unprofessional. 

Only 1 crew member smiled (SE Asian lady) the whole trip, just looked like the crew were going through the motions, not a happy bunch.  Also thought food was bland and lacking in quality and quantity. Dubai London was better even though flight was packed.

I also didn't like Dubai, thought it was like Liverpool Street station in the rush hour, Connections was jam packed and took me 25 minutes to go through security to my onward service. Luckily today the gates were near each other but when I flew Heathrow to Dubai my connecting flight to Bangkok needed a bus service which seemed to go forever around the airport, I thought I would not make my connection.  No I don't like Dubai airport. Probably different for those in business but I am only interested in my economy trip and it wasn't a good experience.

I am glad I am traveling EVA on the 18th Jan to Bangkok.

5 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

As Dubai is not a mandatory stop for me I doubt I will be using Emirates again and too be honest they were not offering the same service as they first did when I used them many times in early 90's.  Now I am only judging economy and was not impressed with my Bangkok Dubai leg.  Despite having a great seat with no one in the row I thought the service was poor, they even forgot to give me the snacks expected (on menu) before landing in Dubai, I had to ask for them.  I also thought the crew looked uninterested, even yawning in front of me quite a few times when serving and seated which I found quite unprofessional. 

Only 1 crew member smiled (SE Asian lady) the whole trip, just looked like the crew were going through the motions, not a happy bunch.  Also thought food was bland and lacking in quality and quantity. Dubai London was better even though flight was packed.

I also didn't like Dubai, thought it was like Liverpool Street station in the rush hour, Connections was jam packed and took me 25 minutes to go through security to my onward service. Luckily today the gates were near each other but when I flew Heathrow to Dubai my connecting flight to Bangkok needed a bus service which seemed to go forever around the airport, I thought I would not make my connection.  No I don't like Dubai airport. Probably different for those in business but I am only interested in my economy trip and it wasn't a good experience.

I am glad I am traveling EVA on the 18th Jan to Bangkok.

Hardly surprising the crew are treated like shit , if they reside in Dubai they need to get a no objection certificate from Emirates to get married, if they are pregnant they are saked , they also have to live in accommodation provided by Emirates. 

Qatar offer a much better service than Emirates, Emirates have become complacent, they are just taking their customers for granted. 

I worked on terminal two it’s called B terminal now ....this is where the train starts to go to terminal C , it’s a maze of building in the back of house , what you see in the main areas is nothing compared to the rest of building, it goes three floors underground......

Edited by Chokdeekap

4 minutes ago, Chokdeekap said:

Hardly surprising the crew are treated like shit , if they reside in Dubai they need to get a no objection certificate from Emirates to get married, if they are pregnant they are saked , they also have to live in accommodation provided by Emirates. 

Qatar offer a much better service than Emirates, Emirates have become complacent, they are just taking their customers for granted. 

I worked on terminal two it’s called B terminal now ....this is where the train starts to go to terminal C , it’s a maze of building in the back of house , what you see in the main areas is nothing compared to the rest of building, it goes three floors underground......

Qatar Business doesn't seem to have proper flatbeds , at least when I have checked them before .. 

12 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Was yea, just listening to him there, slating Sports Personality because Ronnie has never even been nominated.

He has a point.

They told him who won, he went who?

I'd never heard of the bicyclist before today.

All i know is they are all drug abusers so have no interest in their cheating sport.

On 12/15/2018 at 8:15 AM, Horizondave said:

After arriving at Swampy took a trip upstairs to Emirates, spoke with a 'lovely' young man who was all about customer service. Let him know I was BA staff but booked with Emirates full fare as got married last week and didn't want to standby. Obviously felt a kindred spirit with me and booked me emergency exit aisle seat free of charge.

Good result, and further out than the 6 hours I mentioned which surprises me.

• Thumbs Up 1