Football

Thinkingallowed

35 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

That was brilliant,great for the neutral,..tho i was cheering on liverpool as theres only 1 team in manchester ! 

I’m sure half of Liverpool where  cheering the other way 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

So why the delay....fucking Frogs can't organise f**k all,where's Spicey when you need to insult the French?😂

Just glad it's starting now , couldn't listen to Michael Owen for much longer. ... 

c'mon RM ... 😉 

• Haha 2

Seems to be very little comment on here about that great game yesterday where the best team won. I would have thought that for such a big game there would have been some posts. It was end to end stuff, great energy, a brilliant crowd and some amazing football was played. Maybe some of the members here are supporters of the losing team and therefore keeping very quiet today. Not even much comment on the TV, gone really quiet.

Anyhow, well done Grimsby lol

• Haha 2

Seems that between the Frogs & EUFA they made a total mess of it....

Get Involved

#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only - standard message rates apply)

SMS Message: Took my 84 year old mum to the game last night. She's been a Liverpool supporter her whole life but this was her first European final. We got to the ground at 18.30 local time and she was in her wheelchair. We both had genuine tickets but were told they were fake and when she asked the police office to hand her ticket back she was pepper sprayed and rolled off behind a cage so she could "calm down". When she tried to leave one of the police officers put some sort of bike lock around her wheelchair and this wasn't released until the game was finished. The whole trip cost me £5000. I was in Madrid and it was organised so well but this was just an absolute disgrace. from Will, Liverpool (currently Paris) 
Will, Liverpool (currently Paris)
Edited by coxyhog
  • Sad 1

Don’t really follow footy too much, however the last couple of days here in Nottingham has been buzzing. People are really excited about promotion to the prem league, you can really feel the uplift it’s given the city.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Pogba being released on a free by United. Massive waste of £89m plus wages,so probably double that amount.

United's transfer policy has been fucking awful since Ferguson left, bought more shit than quality players.

One of the highlights of our dire season was beating Man U 4-1,Maguire getting sent off & their manager fired afterwards.

Took a point at Old Trafford as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Michael Beale has been named QPR head coach for next season.

Previously been working as number Two to Steven Gerrard at Rangers and Villa.

Hopefully can do a good job for us. Has spent a lot of time learning the job.

We are still fucking about as usual. It's been weeks since venkys knew Mowbray was on his way out and now we are being linked with some right dross. As per fucking usual. 

About time our Indian owners buggered off as they know absolutely nothing about football. 

Embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

Michael Beale has been named QPR head coach for next season.

Previously been working as number Two to Steven Gerrard at Rangers and Villa.

Hopefully can do a good job for us. Has spent a lot of time learning the job.

Think you've had a touch there. 

While obviously Gerrard was the main man, his mere stature as a player etc, Beale was credited by many as being the football brains. 

If GVB hadn't said he wanted the Rangers job, I'd have wanted Beale to takeover, same as Smith did when Souness left, and that didn't work out too bad!

• Thumbs Up 2