Football

Thinkingallowed

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Lot of expense and hassle though, then add loss of wages etc. 

Yes, not something I'd be doing.  I was just up to speed on their requirements as I'd been contemplating stopping there for a couple of weeks on the way back to the UK to avoid any quarantine.  Bang goes that idea.

12 hours ago, KWA said:

Yes, not something I'd be doing.  I was just up to speed on their requirements as I'd been contemplating stopping there for a couple of weeks on the way back to the UK to avoid any quarantine.  Bang goes that idea.

Think that's part of the reason why they put Turkey in the Red list. There was a lot of media stuff recently over here about people using that route to blag the Red list. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Awesome result and what a keeper they have, 2 world class saves to keep the Blues out.

World class goal,world class saves & a world class owner.

When was the last time you saw an owner on the pitch celebrating a cup final win with the players?

Something for the clubs that were going to join the so called super league to look at and reflect upon.

Can't imagine the Man Utd owner doing something similar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

When was the last time you saw an owner on the pitch celebrating a cup final win with the players?

Something for the clubs that were going to join the so called super league to look at and reflect upon.

Agree totally.

A great day for football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I think the prestige of the FA cup has been on the wane for many years now. I really think the unbridled joy and passionate celebrations involving the clubs owner at the end will go a long way to rekindling respect for this once great competition

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

I think the prestige of the FA cup has been on the wane for many years now. I really think the unbridled joy and passionate celebrations involving the clubs owner at the end will go a long way to rekindling respect for this once great competition

Great post Binlid, I remember when Ipswich beat Arsenal in 1978, I was the best behaved kid on the street when my Mum told me that me and my mates could watch it at our house, they all came with their Mums (Dads were down the pub - Belstead Arms for one BM here reading this 🙂  ).

She cooked hot dogs, burgers, chips and gave us all a bag of crisps , we had a can of coke each (a real treat in 78) and we all settled in for the match. When Russel Osborne hit that goal, I remember her picking me up, cuddling and kissing me, swinging me around the room in front of my mates screaming " We scored, we scored!!" . LOL I was so embarrassed back then , but when I looked around their Mum's were doing the exact same thing!. Big huge celebration, which was repeated when the final whistle blew.

To be on a council estate in Ipswich, mad on the Blues when we won that day was absolutely something to treasure. The streets were crammed, everyone was on cloud 9, parties, kisses, songs and kids being allowed to stay up beyond 10pm.

The kind of memories we treasure, those moments that when you think about them bring back emotions, feelings and a smile. Best of all it reminds me of how great my Mum was, despite being an expert with the wooden spoon across the arse, she really cared and always did so much for me.

RIP Mum.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nowt wrong with footy in the 70's. I remember David Coleman saying "That was a very physical challenge" in response to some of the tackles.

Sideburns, tight shorts, couple of gaspers during half time and down the pub to chat up the birds afterwards. Happy days.

As it happens, when I was a lad I lived on a large council estate in Ipswich. Many of the ITFC players would drink in the local pub (Beattie, Mariner, David Geddis, John Wark , Trevor Whymark and a few others) They'd sign footballs for the local schools, shirts and even beer mats if you asked them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2021 at 10:05 PM, Butch said:

Great post Binlid, I remember when Ipswich beat Arsenal in 1978, I was the best behaved kid on the street when my Mum told me that me and my mates could watch it at our house, they all came with their Mums (Dads were down the pub - Belstead Arms for one BM here reading this 🙂  ).

She cooked hot dogs, burgers, chips and gave us all a bag of crisps , we had a can of coke each (a real treat in 78) and we all settled in for the match. When Russel Osborne hit that goal, I remember her picking me up, cuddling and kissing me, swinging me around the room in front of my mates screaming " We scored, we scored!!" . LOL I was so embarrassed back then , but when I looked around their Mum's were doing the exact same thing!. Big huge celebration, which was repeated when the final whistle blew.

To be on a council estate in Ipswich, mad on the Blues when we won that day was absolutely something to treasure. The streets were crammed, everyone was on cloud 9, parties, kisses, songs and kids being allowed to stay up beyond 10pm.

The kind of memories we treasure, those moments that when you think about them bring back emotions, feelings and a smile. Best of all it reminds me of how great my Mum was, despite being an expert with the wooden spoon across the arse, she really cared and always did so much for me.

RIP Mum.

Will fwd to said BM see if he remembers the Belstead Arms ........

he's been up late watching the golf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1