Football

Thinkingallowed

Best team in the tournament won. 

Surprised at how disappointed i am.

But once the dust settles, the country will be pleased they got to the final.

Maybe should have practised penalties more instead of wanting to be woke warriors.

That said, if i was Saka i'd come off social media straight away, his life will be hell for a few weeks. 

Gutted!

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Best team in the tournament won. 

Yep.

Italy were the dominant team. We did way better than I expected but defeated in the way I was expecting- left wondering what would happen had we been more adventurous.

That said, Italy were the better team for much of the game.

Brilliant tournament

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Maybe should have practised penalties more instead of wanting to be woke warriors.

I'm glad they stuck to their guns and eventually silenced the boo boys and the right wing politicians  ( Boris , Patel , Farage and Fox all jumped on the bandwagon ... ) 

penalties is always a lottery, no matter how much you practice...

I think Gareth and the boys did brilliantly throughout the tournament .. I haven't enjoyed watching England play this much for years, especially the KO stages  

I'm hopeful they can build on this , less than 18 months to the WC ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Over the 120mins Italy were the better team,we seemed devoid of ideas in the second half when our main tactic seemed to be for Pickford to hoof the ball as far as he could into their half thus losing possession.

I think they should recruit Troy Deeney as a penalty coach.

Got a hangover....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I'm glad they stuck to their guns and eventually silenced the boo boys and the right wing politicians  ( Boris , Patel , Farage and Fox all jumped on the bandwagon ... ) 

penalties is always a lottery, no matter how much you practice...

I think Gareth and the boys did brilliantly throughout the tournament .. I haven't enjoyed watching England play this much for years, especially the KO stages  

Ditto from me too!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Interesting that England are marginally more prominent in the betting that Italy-must be the age of their centre backs.

Nov 2022 might actually be able to travel hassle free to Thailand by then and take in the matches😎

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, terrible penalties, Gareth said it was his decision who took the penalties, probably the only decision that he got wrong.

England played well throughout and should be proud of their performance in a very entertaining competition.

Now lets kill all the media coverage and the in depth analysis of where it went wrong and look forward to the start of the new Premier League season, that will make me smile again hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1