Football

Thinkingallowed

2 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Thanks, and yes I really enjoyed the Jambo's getting one over the less than almighty Celtic. You can have all the possession in the world but if you cannot take your chances or defend when it matters then you are not going to win.

The best bit was Hearts goalkeeper making two world class saves in the last couple of minutes. I bet Celtic regret letting him go and come back to The Hearts.

The Gooners will always be my team but I did have a season ticket at Hearts for 12 years (?) before I moved to Thailand.

Apparently it was a Freemason conspiracy from Brother Madden :default_biggrin: 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Villa seem to be spending their money wisely.

Grealish will learn a lot from Pep.....mainly from the bench..

There is very little loyalty in football anymore and I hope he will stay at Villa for years to come.

I lived in Knowle in the W. Midlands before moving to Scotland and held a Villa season ticket for 8 years so they will always be the second English side I look to after the Arsenal. A great club with the most loyal of supporters.

I know I have mentioned this before but one of the guys I went with to the Villa created the following in the Birmingham Evening mail (?).

"Birmingham solicitor arrested for biting Police dog"

That occurred outside Nottingham Forrest's ground before a cup match with Villa. 🤣

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

... And I thought that it was only Huddersfield supporters that were Dog Botherers ..

Actually, he did not actually "bite" the police dog but he did drop down on his knees and make return "barking" noises at it which was good enough for the boys in blue to march him off.  The newspaper obviously thought "Bites" made a better headline than 'Barks" at police dog. 🤣

It never came to a court case.

Forrest kept the Villa supporters locked into their section of the ground for an hour after the match finished. At the time there was always trouble at games between Forrest and Villa.