Football

Thinkingallowed

A nice touch at half time - right next door to Vicarage Road is Watford General Hospital & throughout the lock down the club gave a lot of their facilities & free meals to NHS staff.

Today at HT over 200 staff from next door did a lap of the pitch to a standing ovation.

• Like 6

Something I forgot to mention about the footie on Saturday for those cheap charlies out there like me.

The early game was shown live on PPTV Ch36. It suits me fine because I'm too drunk to watch the 9pm kick offs any way.

Next Saturday the early game is Liverpool v Burnley. Not an exciting prospect but if it is free to watch then fill yer boots!

On 8/12/2021 at 6:56 PM, Krapow said:

You back in your seat @JPK?

I was at Ibrox on Tuesday evening, 50,000, some atmosphere 1st half, 2nd half, shocking!

But still, great to be back ...

Reckon you'll get a cricket score tonight.

@Krapow Alright mate, just seen your post.  Yeah I renewed my book this year. We still look a shambles in defence, still not sure about this Ange but it's not Neil Lennon so i'm happy 😀

Edited by JPK
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JPK said:

Alright mate, just seen your post.  Yeah I renewed my book this year. We still look a shambles in defence, still not sure about this Ange but it's not Neil Lennon so i'm happy

Yea, look good going forward, the wee Jap has good movement. Though defence is still shaky. 

Could've got a ticket for the old firm end of the month, but we had already booked hotel in Southend for the Bank Holiday weekend.

Just now, Krapow said:

Yea, look good going forward, the wee Jap has good movement. Though defence is still shaky. 

Could've got a ticket for the old firm end of the month, but we had already booked hotel in Southend for the Bank Holiday weekend.

I think it will be a decent game with a few goals in it. hopefully we get our defence sorted for then.  

21 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Another one ..

Denis Law: Man Utd and Scotland legend diagnosed with dementia

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58268041

For several years I decided to spend a significant amount of my Regional entertainment budget on "Sporting legend Luncheons" around Christmas time with the very first one featuring Dennis Law as the guest speaker.

I had never met him before although  I had admired him as a player.  He turned out not only as a really excellent and entertaining speaker but the nicest guy you could ever wish to meet. 

He turned up at my regional office in Birmingham 3 hours before he needed to and chatted to all the staff.

He was dressed in a polo shirt and jeans and on learning from Melvin my gullible branch manager that "Yes" the dinner was sort of formal asked him to nip out and buy him a white shirt and tie. Dennis gave Melvin a tenner and off he went. As soon as Melvin left my office Dennis started laughing and said "The suits in the car!"

The following year we did several such sporting legend dinners round my northern region but this time teaming Dennis with George Best which were awesome. 

I have personal experience of living with a loved one diagnosed with Alzheimer's. It is a terrible affliction and I am so sorry for him and his family. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, coxyhog said:

@galenkia....Apparently this was on a QPR fans forum....every Watford supporter wants rid of Grey,barn door with a blunderbuss springs to mind.

BTW I really hope someone signs him soon!

236004067_10159289651983407_5636424885442298762_n.jpg

We're doing okay for strikers at the moment, all of them chipping in, especially Dyches, who has continued his second half of last season form. 

Shows how people see different things in different players. 

Good comeback today against Barnsley at home after being 2-0 down with 20 minutes to go to get a draw. Previously we would have crumbled. 

• Like 1