Football

Thinkingallowed

On 8/24/2021 at 10:26 PM, Krapow said:

Covid outbreak at Rangers, just before our Europa play off on Thursday, and Celtic on Sunday :default_dizzy:

This is gonna happen a lot this Season in the UK, with high infection rates, and no lockdown like last season. 

Covid decimated team.

3rd choice keeper and RB.

But still more than enough.

That's why we've Champions, that's why we're Champions ...

FB_IMG_1630242502132.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

This seems crazy ...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/12392642/kylian-mbappe-to-stay-at-paris-saint-germain-despite-real-madrid-being-willing-to-pay-189m

Real Madrid were willing to pay £189m for Kylian Mbappe, but PSG failed to respond to their bid; Real will now focus on signing a pre-contract agreement with the forward in January; Mbappe's PSG deal expires at the end of the season, when he will be able to join Real on a free transfer

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

This seems crazy ...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/12392642/kylian-mbappe-to-stay-at-paris-saint-germain-despite-real-madrid-being-willing-to-pay-189m

Real Madrid were willing to pay £189m for Kylian Mbappe, but PSG failed to respond to their bid; Real will now focus on signing a pre-contract agreement with the forward in January; Mbappe's PSG deal expires at the end of the season, when he will be able to join Real on a free transfer

Thought the same, makes a mockery of the supposed Financial Fair Play rules. UEFA allowing a state owned football team to do as they please- having already awarded them the WC.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to watch the womens football last might. Unfortunately I started watching Wales and the level of quality was such that a game in the park on a Sunday morning would be more exciting.

Can't help it, I like to see the highest levels of sport both in men and women but womens football is really not rocking my boat.

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I tried to watch the womens football last might. Unfortunately I started watching Wales and the level of quality was such that a game in the park on a Sunday morning would be more exciting.

Can't help it, I like to see the highest levels of sport both in men and women but womens football is really not rocking my boat.

Can't stand womens football,cricket or rugby....but it's being pushed big time by the media,especially the Biased Bullshit Corporation.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Can't stand womens football,cricket or rugby....but it's being pushed big time by the media,especially the Biased Bullshit Corporation.

I am the same, but the Women's WC before last (8 to 10 years ago?) I loved the Thai women punching above their weight.

Sure I cheered them on, despite knowing they were gonna lose, but they showed  the effort, commitment and downright passion so many England teams have been missing for too many years. Bloody enjoyed that tournament!

EDIT 2015 WC 

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Somewhere on this forum I posted that I only had to pay £7 for a ticket for last nights Watford vs Stoke Carabao Cup tie.

Last night I discovered why it was only £7😂....

We had a good win over Everton on penalties. First decent cup run in about 15 years. 😀

• Like 4