Football

Thinkingallowed

19 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

He gets them promoted, then only 7 games in they sack him...Pretty shabby treatment IMO.

Especially when you consider Daniel Farke at Norwich lost 16 on the bounce before yesterday's draw with Burnley. And Chris Wilder at Sheffield United got most of last season to try to turn things around. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Especially when you consider Daniel Farke at Norwich lost 16 on the bounce before yesterday's draw with Burnley. And Chris Wilder at Sheffield United got most of last season to try to turn things around. 

Farke & Wilder are managers,we have head coaches and as such they are seen as easily replaceable.

Agreed it appears to be shabby but he knew the score when he signed on the dotted line and in our last few matches we have been abysmally poor.I went to the Newcastle match last Saturday & it was only their poor finishing that stopped them winning by 3 or 4 goals.I listened to the commentary of yesterday's match at Leeds & it sounded much the same.

In Xisco's defence he didn't do the recruiting and our whole midfield & attack apart from Sarr & Cleverley have been replaced.Maybe a new coach can get them to improve.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Farke & Wilder are managers,we have head coaches and as such they are seen as easily replaceable.

Agreed it appears to be shabby but he knew the score when he signed on the dotted line and in our last few matches we have been abysmally poor.I went to the Newcastle match last Saturday & it was only their poor finishing that stopped them winning by 3 or 4 goals.I listened to the commentary of yesterday's match at Leeds & it sounded much the same.

In Xisco's defence he didn't do the recruiting and our whole midfield & attack apart from Sarr & Cleverley have been replaced.Maybe a new coach can get them to improve.

Keep your phone on Coxy ..... the way Watford go through managers ya just never know ....they say you are never more than a few miles from an ex-Watford manager in Europe these days.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Seems like we have Claudio Ranieri as our new head coach.

At least someone with loads of EPL experience he is reputed to be a friend of our owners....the big question is will he still be in six months time😂.

The original tinkerman 😉

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Starshine said:

I agree, as long as they give him a fair chance without overreacting if they lose a couple of games in a row.

Some of these chairman are crazy, couple of poor results and they pull the trigger. Got to let a manager build his own team first. Constantly hiring and firing does not solve anything. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Some of these chairman are crazy, couple of poor results and they pull the trigger. Got to let a manager build his own team first. Constantly hiring and firing does not solve anything. 

But it has got us 2 promotions into the Prem & 6 seasons there.

From what I gather(& nobody knows for sure except those on the inside)the head coach is given a squad of players & has to get on with it.

Personally I think if they were going to keep Xisco once we got promotion then he needed a mentor in place who had Prem experience.Much as Graham Taylor hired Bertie Mee all those years ago.

The only problem with that these days is that all these guys have their own teams that they want with them.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 2

Happy for the Geordies, getting rid of that c**t, getting new owners that could make their footballing dreams come true.

Saudi's are bigger cunts than that fat c**t could ever be, but i'm sure your average Geordie will not give a f**k about Human Rights abuses or similar if they hear the CL music at St. James's Park.

Our very own @dcfc2007 will have wanked himself into a stupor ...

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Would that Saudi takeover up at Newcastle make them the wealthiest club in the world? 

Just read on the bbc the wealth of this PIF fund is greater than the owners of City and PSG combined.

How that translates to the “clubs” wealth I have no idea but they will have serious money behind them. Still subject to FFP rules though - no point having 50bn if the rules only let you spend 1.

38 minutes ago, Whitespider said:

Just read on the bbc the wealth of this PIF fund is greater than the owners of City and PSG combined.

How that translates to the “clubs” wealth I have no idea but they will have serious money behind them. Still subject to FFP rules though - no point having 50bn if the rules only let you spend 1.

Free Newcastle Brown and pork pies at HT then...(Although the last time I drank Newcy Brown it was like ditch water- nothing like the old brew!)

29 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

(Although the last time I drank Newcy Brown it was like ditch water- nothing like the old brew!)

I used to drink it occasionally when I was in the RAF & quite liked it....but I had some a couple of years ago 'for old times sake' & had the mother of all hangovers,never again!

• 2 weeks later...

@galenkia

Tinkering Tony Mowbray brings Rovers down to Loftus Rd tomorrow night. 

Twice this season we have surrendered 2 goal leads only to end up drawing due to his shit substitutions. 

Can't see any points arriving against QPR as the usual season after season death spiral continues. 

Will that ilias chair be playing G? 

Good player.