Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

I have been rather disappointed with Netflix of late for the lack of decent new films each week. But.......... Not only did they sneekily increase my monthly subscription by 4 quid, they make it difficult to cancel one's account. 

I finally managed to cancel my account today which is paid up until 25th April and I signed up to Amazon Prime last month which has a shit load of movies and TV programs. 

I may renew my account in a few months time when I have exhausted my Amazon Prime movies but I order a lot of stuff from Amazon and get free next day delivery, so sometimes it pays for itself. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have been rather disappointed with Netflix of late for the lack of decent new films each week. But.......... Not only did they sneekily increase my monthly subscription by 4 quid, they make it difficult to cancel one's account. 

I finally managed to cancel my account today which is paid up until 25th April and I signed up to Amazon Prime last month which has a shit load of movies and TV programs. 

I may renew my account in a few months time when I have exhausted my Amazon Prime movies but I order a lot of stuff from Amazon and get free next day delivery, so sometimes it pays for itself. 

I don't pay for Netflix as I also have Prime and never get time to watch most of the stuff anyway. The next day delivery is what I really pay for.

6 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

You have to take the lock downs into account for the lack of new films and series. Most filming was shut down round the world. 

Still some good new stuff like this Spanish black comedy. 

Sky-Rojo-Season-2..jpeg

On 4/6/2021 at 6:01 AM, Nightcrawler said:

I signed up with Netflix last fall and over the next four or five months they jacked the rate three times; in the meantime I signed up with Amazon Prime for half the cost and then cut my Netflix subscription back and haven't visited it since. I am now interested in a site called Britbox, which appeals to me because I like British movies and programming - maybe I'll just ditch Netflix and try this one instead - anybody have experience with them? 

32 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I just read that a new flick is coming out, based on my favorite Tom Clancy book, "Without Remorse".

That's on Amazon Prime. Watched it a couple of nights ago. Decent action movie, nothing outstanding. 

• Like 1

Watching Series 3 of Star Trek Discovery. Never was much a ST fan but this very good.

Netflix here in the Philippines has a very different catalogue of shows from other countries, many more Asian, particularly korean, and not as many 'top ranked' choices. It can be frustrating to find sonething worth watching

52 minutes ago, biggles said:

Watching Series 3 of Star Trek Discovery. Never was much a ST fan but this very good.

Netflix here in the Philippines has a very different catalogue of shows from other countries, many more Asian, particularly korean, and not as many 'top ranked' choices. It can be frustrating to find sonething worth watching

I'm a big fan of SciFi, but like too many series this one became to PC. Gave up on it midway through season 2.

12 hours ago, biggles said:

Yes, the 2 gay guys, the strong female leads, the brave ethnic characters all got a run. But its hard to watch anything now that doesn't fit in with the PC ideal. 

I loose interest quickly in books and movies where the PC influence feels forced and detracts from the story, as I felt it was in Star Trek Discovery. Contrast that with the original Star Trek series where several episodes were considered groundbreaking at the time they aired. 
8 Ways the Original 'Star Trek' Made History