Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

I picked up Season one of Russian Doll on  Netflix which was absolutely awesome, there's S02 out now.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vNDhlYmY4OGYtYTYyNi00MGIyLTlmYmUtYTZhMDZjZjYxMTMxLmpwZw==.jpg

There are some very funny one liners well delivered by Natasha Lyonne's character Nadia, but the entire series (so far) seems very much centered around her without allowing any scope for other characters to develop, it's very much a "get what you're given" series with all characters in "their place" as it were and focused on dialogue more than anything else.

Sadly though, the storyline is disjointed and jumps from one seemingly innocuous point into another major development with no explanation as to why or how, other than "a bag went missing in the dark". 

A weak and sadly poorly developed storyline which is supported entirely by focusing on one main pratagonist. Worth watching for the comedic delivery of Lyonne but nothing else at all.

Season 2 is a major downer for me, but Season 1 well worth a look.

14 hours ago, Butch said:

I picked up Season one of Russian Doll on  Netflix which was absolutely awesome, there's S02 out now.

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vNDhlYmY4OGYtYTYyNi00MGIyLTlmYmUtYTZhMDZjZjYxMTMxLmpwZw==.jpg

There are some very funny one liners well delivered by Natasha Lyonne's character Nadia, but the entire series (so far) seems very much centered around her without allowing any scope for other characters to develop, it's very much a "get what you're given" series with all characters in "their place" as it were and focused on dialogue more than anything else.

Sadly though, the storyline is disjointed and jumps from one seemingly innocuous point into another major development with no explanation as to why or how, other than "a bag went missing in the dark". 

A weak and sadly poorly developed storyline which is supported entirely by focusing on one main pratagonist. Worth watching for the comedic delivery of Lyonne but nothing else at all.

Season 2 is a major downer for me, but Season 1 well worth a look.

I enjoyed S1 too, a pity they've screwed up S2.

Not the first time it's happened, though, I enjoyed S1 of Killing Eve, but thought S2 was awful.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, Krapow said:

New series of Top Boy starts next week.

Last was really good, really topical and realistic, well made, about everything that was happening in London at that time.

https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/tvfilm/top-boy-season-4-review-release-netflix-ashley-walters-b986505.html

On Episode 2 of 8, it’s really good

Do not dare Google anything about what you don’t recall from S3, you could get hit with 2 spoilers at once

• Great Info 1

I've just been watching Air Warriors on Sky Documentaries,I've watched it before & it is obviously heavily biased to American audiences but I had to switch off this time.

It was about WWII combat aircraft & it came to the P51 Mustang.According to them what made the Mustang so good was it's wing cross section....absolutely no mention of the fact that it was a piece of shit until the Rolls Royce Merlin was put into it.

Total American bullshit.

With apologies to our members from across the pond😉.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, galenkia said:

Just been watching the opening episode of the new Stranger Things series.

Very good start 😊

This is great, had vaguely heard of it but decided to give it a shot. Kind of a mix of IT and Firestarter

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been watching the new episodes of "Better call Saul" which are being released on a weekly basis on Tuesdays here in Thailand. Now i've had no problems in previous weeks but this weeks is NOT available to me.

Anyone else having the problem ?

15 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I've been watching the new episodes of "Better call Saul" which are being released on a weekly basis on Tuesdays here in Thailand. Now i've had no problems in previous weeks but this weeks is NOT available to me.

At least you have been getting it - I waited two years for Season 5 to show up on my Netflix and now I'm being constantly teased on YouTube with details from Season 6 - I wonder how long I'll have to wait for it this time...

• Surprised 1

17 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Was mentioned elsewhere, there's a mid season break in the US , that might be the issue 

• Thumbs Up 1