Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

18 hours ago, OldAsiaHand said:

Another good way to run NetFlix is using an Apple TV attached to the set you have now. They used to be pretty cheap here -- under B1000 -- and they're a cinch to set up.

Thanks for that. Really, i've never heard of it, but thats not surprising for a com dino lol, i'll Google it.

14 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Enjoying season 4 of Luther. Seasons 1-3 were brilliant. British crime drama television series starring Idris Elba as DCI John Luther. Well worth a watch.

Think it's on Netflix now. 

Luther.jpg.59a9c2628fae99b471c4ad52c68bc7b0.jpg

Yes I just found Luther just before Christmas and binge watched the lot. Was happy to find out season 5 was just around the corner and that turned out to be excellent too. I was a big fan of the mad bird character, Alice?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/30/2019 at 5:35 AM, Steelers4Life said:

Enjoying season 4 of Luther. Seasons 1-3 were brilliant. British crime drama television series starring Idris Elba as DCI John Luther. Well worth a watch.

Season 4 on Netflix only had 2 episodes and it's been that way for a long time... what happened?  Did Netflix lose the rights to this show shortly after season 4 started??

I really enjoyed the previous seasons which are complete.

10 hours ago, johnpat said:

Season 4 on Netflix only had 2 episodes and it's been that way for a long time... what happened?  Did Netflix lose the rights to this show shortly after season 4 started??

I really enjoyed the previous seasons which are complete.

That's my only gripe about the series actually. The small number of episodes per season. (especially Season 4). Season 5 has 4 episodes.  

On 1/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, fon_tok said:

Just watched this:

Just been watching this.

No sympathy for the dumb arse rich kids who got turned over by a shyster and a third rate rapper.More money than brains.

Feel sorry for the local islanders who never got paid.That's out of order.

Just finished the first season of this series I stumbled onto. Good Canadian crime drama series. 

"Cardinal" is based on the novels of crime writer Giles Blunt and focuses on detective John Cardinal and his partner, Lise Delorme. The two detectives investigate crime in the city of Algonquin Bay, such ones can include the murder of a young girl.

cardinal.jpg

Not on Netflix but on BBC 4 and CTV.

Maybe we need another thread for just "What are you watching"?  (unless there is one already)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Just finished the first season of this series I stumbled onto. Good Canadian crime drama series. 

"Cardinal" is based on the novels of crime writer Giles Blunt and focuses on detective John Cardinal and his partner, Lise Delorme. The two detectives investigate crime in the city of Algonquin Bay, such ones can include the murder of a young girl.

cardinal.jpg

Not on Netflix but on BBC 4 and CTV.

Maybe we need another thread for just "What are you watching"?  (unless there is one already)

Maybe admin can just amend this thread to that?.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, fatbhoytim said:

Just binge watched "Sunderland 'Til I Die" as per recommendation on here - what a club. You got to feel sorry for the fans when the players do not give a flying feck what was happening.  Criminal.

Great series,feel so sorry for the fans and staff,let down by the players and Ellis Short.

Chris Coleman come across as a decent bloke.

Edited by galenkia
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ivan the terrible said:

gonna hunt that out.,pleased u spelt it

It is really really good and will have you goose stepping around your luxury apartment before you can say "Raus" ..... "und England uber alles"

seriously it is powerful stuff and really well made.

• Like 1