Black Friday

Krapow

Well I did go out and buy something but I needed it anyway.

Holland and Barrett were selling their Precision Whey Protein for £13.99 against their normal cost of £29.99.  In fact in their penny sale (buy one full price buy another for a penny) the price still worked out at almost £15 so I was quite happy to buy one yesterday.

For info having lost 2.25 stone in 4 months (through working hard in my job) I found that not only was I losing weight but also muscle.  After having a good look through Google and a subsequent visit to H and B I was advised to try a building muscle/performance Whey protein.  OK the price is steep but too be honest my ability to maintain myt duties throughout the day and a feeling of my body not looking so scrawny I am happy to have found and paid for the product. That and the Apple Cider Vinegar seemed to have perked me up.

The only other things I have bought in the sale were toys for my wee one at the Entertainer chain, some good deals, better than 50 percent on offer. Priceless really when kids are concerned.

The only thing we bought online was a backpack for our kid that glows in the dark! He had been on about getting one for a while, so we ordered it through Amazon. 

My wife bought a few Christmas presents from local shops that were discounted, but nothing large or expensive. 

Edited by KhunDon

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Krapow said:

Just got a 55inch Samsung from John Lewis.

The wall mount was £150 ffs

Jeez Krapow, that wall mount was expensive!

I bought one from Amazon for a 60 inch Sony for around £30. Tilt & Turn with the VESA fixing system. Four screw bolts in the wall and it’s solid as a rock. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

I bought one from Amazon for a 60 inch Sony for around £30. Tilt & Turn with the VESA fixing system. Four screw bolts in the wall and it’s solid as a rock. 

Was just gonna say online they are cheap as chips ...

@Krapow if its unopened take it back and get one elsewhere E Bay always good too.

23 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

15 minutes ago, roomark said:

Was just gonna say online they are cheap as chips ...

@Krapow if its unopened take it back and get one elsewhere E Bay always good too.

Was part of the deal from John Lewis, had to buy the wall mount from them. 

It's a good one though, corner one, tilt, turn etc, and fitted. 

I like John Lewis, they give a 5 year guarantee with TV's, and straight out any brother..

• Thumbs Up 1

Never bought anything online for wifey until last night, like most things for women, Black Friday or anytime, hope it fits is the big key. But...the return policy seems very favorable.

4-7 days will be on the doorstep. Any of you make an attempt to buy clothes on-line for your significant other? 

https://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=7~72~5031~&ProductDisplayID=67413

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Never bought anything online for wifey until last night, like most things for women, Black Friday or anytime, hope it fits is the big key. But...the return policy seems very favorable.

4-7 days will be on the doorstep. Any of you make an attempt to buy clothes on-line for your significant other? 

I did once, got it horribly wrong. ☹️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Any of you make an attempt to buy clothes on-line for your significant other? 

Yes, just gave it a try a few days ago.

Advantage is a much bigger choice and better prices than anything we can find in Bali. Quite a number of VERY sexy stuff as well....

Using AliExpress, from China, delivery 3 to 4 weeks. There is a local (Indo) version but not so much choice and obviously orientated towards the local "fashion" !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Nice dress. The wife will look great in it.

I had to turn my VPN to have a look from Thailand. Without the VPN going I received "access denied" when I clicked on the link. Home Depot is another site that does the same. Never understood why companies restrict their customer base by doing this. Especially when it's easy to circumvent with a VPN connection.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

She didn't like it, it didn't fit.....or both? LOL! 

Wrong colour, wrong size, wrong length, wrong style, wrong, wrong, wrong. 
But apart from that, I think I almost nailed it. 
Oh, I forgot, not expensive enough. 
Now, I just give her my Debit card (she has memorised the PIN number) and set her free to shop. 🤗

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/27/2019 at 6:17 PM, KhunDon said:

Wrong colour, wrong size, wrong length, wrong style, wrong, wrong, wrong. 
But apart from that, I think I almost nailed it. 
Oh, I forgot, not expensive enough. 
Now, I just give her my Debit card (she has memorised the PIN number) and set her free to shop. 🤗

My TW has memorised mine aswell. Today stood outside some Budapest bank and I struggled with my pin.... Ha, song, ha, ha! 

BTW I bank with with the bank of Cleckheaton FYI. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1