Golf

Archie43

That’s too bad. What’s really shameful is how it’s $2,000+ to watch a round of golf, those people who got badges 40 years ago are really laughing. But hey, supply and demand, people are paying it. 
I got to see Tiger up close for maybe 9 holes at 2008 Match Play final In Tucson. Was pretty cool, tickets were a gift last minute from my bartender. 
As amazing as Augusta is, I fail to see why the other majors & Players are no more than $100 to watch, but Masters is $2k. Would rather spend that on NFL, NHL, Grand Prix, or multiple rounds of golf

Because there are no tickets it’s only passes that patrons sell.

11 hours ago, misteregg said:

Because there are no tickets it’s only passes that patrons sell.

I looked around, if you buy them directly from the owner on Craigslist, it’s closer to $1,200. Stubhub closer to $3k with fees. 

There is a lottery for daily tickets now, I’m entered for next year

• Like 1

Really looking forward to watching the Masters today- relatively new to golf, lots of small interests to spice it up a little😁

Molinari 23.0 , Watson 36.0 , De Chambeau 36.0  (In Egg We Trust), Grace 126.0 , Wallace 176.0, Mitchell 226.0

Last 3 are huge prices, all backed to win and place. Looked at the price history for the last 10 years of this event, this morning, only 2 of the last 10 years have not seen a golfer priced at 3 figures hit the frame( winners at 100.0, 140 & 150.0). 2015 when Spieth won 15.0(still places at 70.0, 90.0 and 70.0 again). Other exception 2010 Mickelson at 14.0 ( one 80.0) place.

Of course, this year could be different...but bookies must love this tournament💰💰

Only wish I knew something about golf to pick out the massive priced good things 🙁

Wow, I have to tune in on Thursday more often! Phil almost aced 16 to get to -4, as did Dechambeau. Koepka is making it look easy, now -6. How a player who has 3 of the last 7 majors, can fly under the radar is beyond me. Poulter just made a great 2 putt to finish 4 under, would love to see him get a major finally. 

Personally, with the very tiny field, I would love to see them re-pair after 18 holes. They stopped doing that years ago, but I feel it would be more fair and add more drama, have the top players all together the last 54 holes

Lots of big names in the mix. Hard to bet against Koepka, he makes it look easy. With more rain forecast, the course will play like it’s 8,000 yards. And a bomber will win, someone like Langer at 61 won’t stand a chance

Its a shame, but that’s where golf is today. Not enough penalty for missing fairways, compared to the extra 30-50 yards gained by swinging for the fences

I looked around, if you buy them directly from the owner on Craigslist, it’s closer to $1,200. Stubhub closer to $3k with fees. 
There is a lottery for daily tickets now, I’m entered for next year

I’ve been in since the first year they did it and never been chosen.

Really looking forward to watching the Masters today- relatively new to golf, lots of small interests to spice it up a little[emoji16]
Molinari 23.0 , Watson 36.0 , De Chambeau 36.0  (In Egg We Trust), Grace 126.0 , Wallace 176.0, Mitchell 226.0
Last 3 are huge prices, all backed to win and place. Looked at the price history for the last 10 years of this event, this morning, only 2 of the last 10 years have not seen a golfer priced at 3 figures hit the frame( winners at 100.0, 140 & 150.0). 2015 when Spieth won 15.0(still places at 70.0, 90.0 and 70.0 again). Other exception 2010 Mickelson at 14.0 ( one 80.0) place.
Of course, this year could be different...but bookies must love this tournament[emoji383][emoji383]
Only wish I knew something about golf to pick out the massive priced good things [emoji853]

“IN EGG WE TRUST”

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Amazing the current top six are all major winners .... go Tiger 

It is amazing. 65 of 87 made the cut because of the 10 shot rule, and looking at the list, honestly the only ones I have not seen play are Justin Harding and the amateurs. That is unreal, yes I do watch lots of golf, but this is truly the dream of the crop.

That is why it is so tough to qualify for the Masters. The committee does not want someone having a lucky week, like Ben Curtis at the Open in 2003 ranked 400th in the world. You must be a Top 50 player, ex-champion, recent winner, or Amateur finalist. They make few exceptions.

Anyhow, what a weekend coming. Never seen a stacked leaderboard like this

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

What a golf course. Leishman just stroked an eagle putt on the 2nd, from the area where the pin is tomorrow and Oosthuizen had his albatross. Hits it so hard, looked like at least 80 feet, still 8 feet short, and gets his birdie. Myself I might have 5 putted that one

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Tiger did well especially to shake off the sliding tackle from security. Don't expect to see him on the final day. LOL

Can’t wait for the videos to come out where Tiger gets tapped,and all the football players go down and roll around.lol.

• Haha 1