Golf

Archie43

Hideki in the house at -11, and Rose just hit a horrible wedge at 15. But no matter where the scores are at the end of play today, I give Justin a slight edge because of his experience. Him and Spieth are the only 2 guys in the Top 12 with a major, and the pressure on a Sunday separates men from boys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Bout time! Well done Rory.

Yes indeed.....I was about to change my avatar. He’s so good, if only his wedge game and putting could be better on a regular basis. 4 majors at 25, now still the same at 32......I thought he was going to put up close to Tiger like numbers in his career. 

Oh well when your worst world ranking in 12 years is 15th.......shows his talent even through this “slump”.

Hope he bags another major soon

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

Was reading an article about Bryson, about how he is the most inefficient driver in Tour when you compare how much ball speed he gets, to how hard he swings it. Was surprised to hear he’s averaging “only” 322 yards, and his club head speed is about 4mph more than his closest pursuer.

Is that really impressive, compared to how much work he’s put in with his fitness and diet, and with the multiple strokes lost from being OB much more often? 

At his age, I was easily averaging 290+ with inferior equipment from the 1990’s, and no flexibility whatsoever. 
Anyway, happy to see that while he’s one of the world’s best now, at least he’s not winning every week and the medium hitters still have a chance. Would much rather have a swing like Rory or DJ, where they might be 15 yards back but aren’t risking breaking their spine with every tee shot