Golf

Archie43

6 man playoff coming up at the Wyndham, would have been 7 but Henley 3 putted from 25 feet on 18. 

Adam Scott would have ran away with this if he could putt, saw him miss many shirt ones

Proud of 🇨🇦 Roger Sloan, all the pressure in the world to keep his job, started 131 on FEDEX list. Now has a chance to win the whole tournament. 
One interesting fact I learned 20–odd years ago - when there are 3 or more players in a playoff, only winning makes a difference in the earnings- even if someone is eliminated early on, they still get T2 money. So in this case, 5 guys are guaranteed to make the same cheque, regardless of how bad they play. Always found that a little unfair

Just got back from a quick nine before sunset. Best golf in almost a decade, wished I had time for 18…..42 on a front 9 par 37…….with my nephew’s Wilson starter set I bought him in 2012, for under 10K baht. So it IS the wand, not the wizard, I guess. 

Today’s biggest lesson was- if length is an issue, make sure you are giving that ball a good smack. I was hitting 3 wood about 240 the last few holes, and on 9 I had a decision to make- hole has a water hazard running right along the 200 mark. So it was either purposely leave myself 180+ by laying up, or try the driver out to fly it. I hit it perfectly right down the middle, GPS said I had 109 left to the front of green, but ball was only 20 yards over the brook- think I was damn lucky and landed just before & hopped over- MotoCaddy screenshot attached to show what I mean. Whatever, I was dry and made easy par. But yeah, we had perfect weather, about 72F and sunny, and once I was really warmed up, the ball definitely flies a lot further if you wind up more and smash it. 

Very anxious to play again, my weight is dropping, trying a routine of ~ 7 days KETO, and one cheat day where anything goes. Problem is when I’ve just cheated, and Day 2/3 family invites me for a meal, it’s rude to say “please no carbs” 

The pic attached looked like I could have had my first ace……haha it was 25 feet short and not even on the green

E966CB48-240B-4831-AE0D-12DAB007202C.jpeg

BEDB2CF4-34AB-403D-878A-D15DB56B2947.png

77DE7A12-ADA1-4FD0-B986-9BF7D4E30FA6.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, boydeste said:

You finished off well, good job.

I still haven't ventured out with the clubs yet, waiting for my knee to get down to somewhere the same size as my other one!

Those knees can be a killer Stew, let it heal properly. 

Anyway, today it was a birdie to start, then a 3 putt on a par 5, when I had 35 feet for 🦅. Finished with a beautiful 7-iron punch from 155 to a back pin for an easy par, pictured below. Many loose iron shots, but driver and 3 wood are both going straight and much further. So there is no need to upgrade shafts, when I start playing really well I will get fitted for a whole set and invest a few grand in my game. 

But 41 for 9 holes, with many poor shots by my standards……there’s hope for me to play my best golf ever within weeks, at the age of 45, after 6+ years away from the game. I’m happy….but then again, golfers are never satisfied

7DCA9B9F-A110-42D5-B999-6427253DBFF2.png

CD6328E5-FB81-4CEA-B591-FBC7EA9A3392.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Bryson…..six footer to shoot 59 doesn’t even touch the hole

It’s already a shootout, amazing what these guys are scoring on a 7,500 yard course and getting zero roll on their drives. But that’s far outweighed by soft greens and being able to lift, clean, and place

And another hole……pulling for Cantlay, but I have to hand it to Bryson, that shot after driving in the hazard was CLUTCH! Never thought I’d say this about a major champion who might win the FeDEx Cup…..but I can’t believe  how weak his short game is compared to his driving and putting. 
Putting from 20+ yards away in the fairway….he lacks confidence

Oh 2 darts on the par 3…..didn’t realize I had rewound and not pressed FF

I’m very impressed with both guys……cannot believe how straight Bryson’s drives are for how hard he swings. Cantlay’s steady play is incredible, I think it’s one of the best putting performances I’ve seen, many do or die putts he holed. 

Anyway, it’s 2 Americans in the playoff, but I’m starting to hate Azinger as an analyst…..it’s subtle, but he’s very biased and doesn’t gives Euro players too many compliments 

For those that don’t know know, Cantlay is an amazing story. Shot a 60 in a PGA event as an amateur, then missed the better part of 4 years due to a spinal fracture, while losing his best friend and caddie to a hit-and-run…..

Still only 29, if he plays like this going forward, I see him winning multiple majors

• Like 1