Golf

Archie43

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Bryson didn't say much afterwards... 55

wonder if they will be paired during the Ryder Cup ... 555 😉 

I looked up and saw him almost 100 yards back towards the tee box, while Steve Sands was still setting up the interview with PC…in a rush, you think? 

I do agree with Azinger on him telling Cantlay to “stop walking” on 14. Seems like it disturbed Bryson more just to mention it, and Cantlay made birdie 5 minutes later. As a golf fan, I really loved Bryson’s performance, but he didn’t make any friends with telling Cantlay off and keeping silent the rest of the way. I hope they shook hands, didn’t even notice

The ugliest swing in Canada! 

Just kidding, I’m making lots of progress. Decided to actually hit a bucket for the first time, after playing a dozen or so rounds since late June. Got lots of feedback, I would hit 15 balls, check the footage, and go back. The weight has to come down much further, and the flexibility has to be increased, but my distances went way up in this session. 

Anxious to get on the course again, was very depressed after my last round, but that’s what happens when it’s 100F outside, and you don’t take a cart or enough water.…The cooler weather coming up, I will play much better

Tour Championship leaderboard….I’ve never really liked this format, but I guess it’s geared to reward the previous 11 months of play and almost ensure the winner comes from the top 6(or so). No doubt Cantlay is looking good, but it’s early….🇨🇦 Conners -3 on the day so far, will take a miracle but oh how a win and that $15M would change his life

3FDB05DC-4881-4C43-A5E0-002877CD52BB.png

• Like 1

Just saw some controversy in the Solheim Cup. Nelly Korda hit a winding putt that just stayed out, and as she fell to her knees, the Euro player just picked up the ball as a concession. The official then ruled because it seemed to be hanging on the lip, and Korda is allowed a full 10 seconds before she walks up to tap in, the “interference” means that putt is deemed “in”and results in USA winning the hole. 

My $.02…if it hadn’t dropped after 7 seconds, it was NOT going in- look at my photo. But why did the Euro lady just not leave it alone??? Definitely a mental mistake there. Especially with USA playing at home, seems like a very biased call that was just confirmed 5 minutes later. I guess in match play you eventually will see it all, and the rules are very important- stroke play a player would never touch another’s ball, period. Anyway it gives the USA a 1-UP lead, could be pivotal

BTW, I had heard of Charley Hull 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, but after seeing her Instagram, wow! Great golfer with the looks to go with it

1190F006-A94C-4998-9ACF-F4352EBF58A4.jpeg

E1CF1D38-533F-4B89-84D6-F52197F42EF1.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

26 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Just saw some controversy in the Solheim Cup. Nelly Korda hit a winding putt that just stayed out, and as she fell to her knees, the Euro player just picked up the ball as a concession. The official then ruled because it seemed to be hanging on the lip, and Korda is allowed a full 10 seconds before she walks up to tap in, the “interference” means that putt is deemed “in”and results in USA winning the hole. 

My $.02…if it hadn’t dropped after 7 seconds, it was NOT going in- look at my photo. But why did the Euro lady just not leave it alone??? Definitely a mental mistake there. Especially with USA playing at home, seems like a very biased call that was just confirmed 5 minutes later. I guess in match play you eventually will see it all, and the rules are very important- stroke play a player would never touch another’s ball, period. Anyway it gives the USA a 1-UP lead, could be pivotal

BTW, I had heard of Charley Hull 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, but after seeing her Instagram, wow! Great golfer with the looks to go with it

Charley Hall has played in the Solheim cup probably 3 or 4 times now and she was in the juniors too, a very talented and sexy lady for sure!

12 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Just that she is local to me mate.

Yes sir! A local girl for me beat Naomi Osaka last night, very impressive IMO for a girl who only turns 19 Monday. Poor Naomi though, she’s stepping away from tennis for a while, not in a good mental state right now

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

BTW, anyone that considers that there is a chance that ball can fall into the hole is biased in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

BTW, anyone that considers that there is a chance that ball can fall into the hole is biased in my opinion.

Thank you…..those greens aren’t Augusta, and when a ball DOES fall after a long wait, it’s when a good portion is hanging over…..the official said “some part” WAS. I don’t see that. Anyway, USA won 1-UP, so that BS cost Euros .5 point. Euros should  be leading 6-2 or so, it’s only Day 1 though and every point still counts. Hope they give the Yanks a good thrashing

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Thank you…..those greens aren’t Augusta, and when a ball DOES fall after a long wait, it’s when a good portion is hanging over…..the official said “some part” WAS. I don’t see that. Anyway, USA won 1-UP, so that BS cost Euros .5 point. Euros should  be leading 6-2 or so, it’s only Day 1 though and every point still counts. Hope they give the Yanks a good thrashing

Yup, it was summed up when she said, I would never dream of picking a ball up that was close to falling into the hole.

Golf rules are built around whether a player gains an advantage in a situation, clearly with the US being well behind a biased decision was made.

Oh I wonder where it is being played........

I too hope Karma plays it's cards.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just saw Korda being interviewed, she kept insisting it was 100% the referee’s call. If the Americans had any honour, they would have conceded one of the next 5 holes to even things out. That ball was never going in, personally I know I would never want to win that way. 

Went to Twitter to see the comments and 95% of people agree, the other 5% are just diehard American fans who want to win at any price. The Euros won’t be vindicated by the media either I’m afraid, Golf Channel broadcast and American analysts

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

Just saw Korda being interviewed, she kept insisting it was 100% the referee’s call. If the Americans had any honour, they would have conceded one of the next 5 holes to even things out. That ball was never going in, personally I know I would never want to win that way. 

I totally agree 100%

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Went to Twitter to see the comments and 95% of people agree, the other 5% are just diehard American fans who want to win at any price. The Euros won’t be vindicated by the media either I’m afraid, Golf Channel broadcast and American analysts

We have honour in our football here, if a player is injured the oposition would put the ball out so that the player can get medical help, on restarting the game the other team that had the ball would give it back, there has been an occasion where this has gone wrong and a goal has been scored. In that case the ref has to award the goal, but on restart all of the players would stand aside and let a player run through to an open goal to score to balance it out again.

Long may the sporting spirit rise above the result at all cost.

The Americans should be ashamed of themselves.

Edited by boydeste
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh my there are some stupid people at golf tournaments. Bryson had a bad day and is out of it, and hits a wild drive on 18. He’s convinced it’s in play, and at first I’m thinking “sure Bryson”, because often he can’t accept when he hits a bad shot, and in this case it was a driver way offline. 

Well Bryson was right to be confused, the ShotLink satellite camera caught a fan picking up the ball, and pocketing it. He got a drop and launched an iron to the green, 2 putting for birdie. 

23 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

5.5-2.5 Euros, but still a long way to go, and that 1/2 point could still be a factor. Hope they dominate tomorrow and almost clinch it before Monday singles

I hope so too, I just seen another angle and no way was that ball going into the hole, the players didn't have a problem, only the biased ref.

A very sad day for golf methinks.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I hope so too, I just seen another angle and no way was that ball going into the hole, the players didn't have a problem, only the biased ref.

A very sad day for golf methinks.

Me too, actually the original shot with Korda on her knees, that’s not zoomed in, makes it look even worse, like the ball is a full inch from the lip…..bloody awful ruling, and IMO the road team should get the benefit of the doubt

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Me too, actually the original shot with Korda on her knees, that’s not zoomed in, makes it look even worse, like the ball is a full inch from the lip…..bloody awful ruling, and IMO the road team should get the benefit of the doubt

Yup, the ball was picked up after 7 seconds in good faith as clearly no chance of going in. So now they saying that if a put is given from 2 feet away they can claim it as dropping?

Like I said before, the US should be asamed of themsleves.

34 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yup, the ball was picked up after 7 seconds in good faith as clearly no chance of going in. So now they saying that if a put is given from 2 feet away they can claim it as dropping?

Like I said before, the US should be asamed of themsleves.

Watching The Golf Channel’s nightly 7 pm Golf Central, first story was still the Tour Championship, now they are spending some good time on the controversy. Brandel Chamblee, who I’ve always respected for his golf knowledge and brutal honesty, is the only one of the 4 American commentators to definitely side with Sagstrom…..Bravo Brandel! 

How Brandel kind of summed it up is, the 4 players were fine with just leaving as is…..the official (Missy Jones) decided to interfere and overstep her bounds. I have a feeling that she will be in the spotlight now and hopefully loses whatever job she has for future competitions. Shouldn’t be an official anymore IMO, turned a non-issue into a victory for her home team

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Euros ahead 9-7 going into Monday singles, some really clutch shots down the stretch

Patrick Cantlay can go house shopping now, he won the $15 million FedEx bonus 

I like Cantlay, but have to feel for Rahm , if Covid hadn't have interfered at the memorial , he would have been in prime spot 

• Great Info 1