Golf

Archie43

9-3, afternoon four-balls now teeing off. I’m shocked, especially when considering the world rankings I’d give USA the edge in singles. Europe needs a minimum of 3-1 this session, if not a clean sweep

TBH, I don’t know what’s stopping the Americans from finishing the Cup 20-8 or similar ridiculous score

Edited by Golfingboy

Bryson sits 3rd in his group of 16 at the Long Drive Championship in Nevada. 80 players will be cut down to 64 in a few hours, and play continues until Friday’s Finals. 

All the haters saying he had no chance…..I think he can definitely be in Final 8. He has the advantage of being way more accurate, many times a player is eliminated because he can’t even put one of 6 balls on the grid. But winning? Highly unlikely, especially with Kyle Berkshire in the field. Kyle has been so much better than his competitors the last few years. And he is actually trying to play on PGA Tour one day, has a blog and he recently shot 31 for 9 holes….very impressive. But when you need to lay up, and your 4-iron can go 300 yards, he doesn’t hit driver often.

Anyway, anxious to see how Bryson does…..

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

300 yards with a 4 iron. Holy f**k!

And he’s been scaling back to focus on pro golf. He barely made it through his group today, it’s a weird format. 5 sets of 6 balls each, with 200 points for winning each set, and top 8 of each group of 16 advance. And they hit simultaneously, I saw Bryson teeing off next to 2 other guys yesterday, and it wasn’t a warmup. 

Anyway, Bryson is in the last group going off soon, I’m sure he will make it into the final 32……

C6AEB9AA-1F7E-4BE5-BDF9-7EACF9463244.jpeg

• Like 1