Golf

Archie43

44 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

1st and 4th only got one clean shot each on the scoreboard.. 

Saw a clip of Bryson hitting 418 to get in the top 8 ...

The best man won…..Berkshire had a 418, and a pair of 422’s to win the final by 4 yards……Damn that’s close

Edited by Golfingboy

Damn, the best players are avoiding the ZOZO in Japan like the plague…..or is it COVID? 78 player field, 11 of the top 50 only. When my 🇨🇦 Roger Sloan gets into a limited field event…….you know there is an issue with attracting talent

Morikawa or Hideki for the win, I hope

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if the weather was bad in Bermuda today, but just saw that my man 🇨🇦 Pendrith shot + 5 to lose by 3 strokes. I guess I’d call that a choke, especially when he shot -10 on Friday! 

Herbert still beats Patrick Reed by one, guess there is a silver cloud….

Pendrith will be in contention again I’m sure, has way too much talent not to. Had a 3 shot lead going into Sunday, after getting married and not practicing for 2 weeks

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t say this often, but this young lady just set a record that will never be broken, male or female. Too many elements at play, and all it takes is a ball to roll to the fringe and it’s broken……truly impressive. Tiger’s best years he would barely get to 25-30

F1D69F43-50C9-4E62-A639-8FC0AF894A29.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

Ah no, another PGA youngster signs up for “ Long-time” 

WTF is wrong with these guys? Have fun, enjoy being single. After what the media did to Tiger for having some fun on the side, I don’t see why any wealthy man would tie the knot in his 20s/30s anymore

6651AF7D-9350-4C56-84E2-13DE21349AF1.jpeg

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

This is one where you just shake your head. It didn’t affect anything, I mean they started  dead last in 19th&20th, finished in the same places, and both have net worths I can only dream about. But how does it even happen? Every tournament I’ve attended the tee boxes are clearly marked, with volunteers and usually huge coolers of beverages to hydrate. I guess being the first group through didn’t help. Ultimately their caddies’ job IMHO….

BTW, what a collapse by Morikawa, I believe the bookies had him at -450 Saturday night….I knew that engagement was a mistake 😂

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A guide to golf terminology....

Golf Ball Striking

A Richard Hammond - straight down the middle like a rocket then veers off into the rough at the last minute
An Arthur Scargill - a great strike but a poor result
A Kate Winslett - a bit fat but otherwise perfect
A Rodney King - over-clubbed
An O.J. Simpson - somehow got away with it
A Condom - safe but didn't feel real good
A sister-in-law - up there but I know that I shouldn't be
A Jamie Oliver - you really want to smack it but you can't
A Glen Miller - didn't make it over the water
A Gerry Adams - a provisional
A Sally Gunnell - ugly but a good runner
A Paula Radcliffe - not as ugly as a Sally Gunnell but still a good runner
A Bobby Sands - a bit thin
A Princess Grace - should have taken a driver
A Princess Di - shouldn't have taken a driver
A Robin Cook - just died on the hill
A Michael Jackson - gradually fading
A Paris Hilton - an expensive hole
A Ladyboy - looks like an easy hole but all is not what it seems
A Blondie - a fair crack down the middle

Putting

A Dennis Wise - a nasty 5 footer
A Salman Rushdie - an impossible read
A Rock Hudson- thought it was straight, but it wasn't
A Cuban - needed one more revolution
A Douglas Bader - nae legs
An Elton John - big bender that lips the rim
A Gynaecologists Assistant - just shaves the hole

Bunker Play

An Adolf Hitler - taking two shots in a bunker
Saddam Hussein - from one bunker straight into another
Yasser Arafat - ugly and in the sand

• Haha 2

I always liked Jake, one of the great characters in the game of golf. Was great buddies with Payne Stewart(RIP). Does great impersonations of his fellow pros too. 
As an announcer/analyst, I found he wasn’t the best, though. Stated the obvious and seemed shy to share his opinions, but which shows IMO how nice of a guy he is, compared to Azinger or Miller. 

And was a helluva golfer too don’t forget. In his earlier days came close at a few majors, and did well on Champions Tour too, without being a “range rat” and working nonstop. He made it look easy, very casual

90BFA2C8-74EB-4F47-8D12-887C422B08FE.jpeg

Just heard about this youngster from Thailand. Now we all know that many child prodigies in all sports have gone to disappointing professional careers, but damn…..He has to be the most accomplished golfer for his age, ever. 

Very curious to see how his future plays out

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ratchanon-chantananuwat-14-thai-golfer-impressing-tour-pros