Golf

Archie43

When Tiger was on Charlie Rose not too long ago, he was asked” have you accepted you won’t win 18 majors” ?

I think the whole world assumed he was delusional when he replied “ I’ve accepted I’m going to win more”

Not so crazy after today

I think what has brought him to the next level is his driving. Even when he was hurt, and driving wildly missing both ways, his iron play was brilliant. Now he is finding fairways with the driver, irons are still good, and if he doesn’t miss inside 6 feet, he’s a threat to win. He shot 64 at the final round of PGA hitting no fairways on his front nine. That’s special. 

As a side note, he is now one win short of Sam Snead’s all time PGA record of 82

12 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Mcilroy knows what to do now, he needs to go out and ride a lot of whores, and get himself a decent prescription drug habit if he's ever gonna win it!

If it was as easy as that i would be MotoGP world champion.😀

• Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have an interest in the USPGA starts tomorrow.

Voting with my heart going for players I've enjoyed watching this year- starting with the very obvious Woods at 13.0, Koepka 12.0 , slightly more adventurous Schuaffle at 29.0 and a wild speculation on Harding at 201.00 all paying to 10 places.

Have seen a few experts go for Johnson, just not a fan of his- so he'll probably to it🙁

Edited by Lemondropkid

On 5/15/2019 at 6:52 AM, Lemondropkid said:

Anyone have an interest in the USPGA starts tomorrow.

Voting with my heart going for players I've enjoyed watching this year- starting with the very obvious Woods at 13.0, Koepka 12.0 , slightly more adventurous Schuaffle at 29.0 and a wild speculation on Harding at 201.00 all paying to 10 places.

Have seen a few experts go for Johnson, just not a fan of his- so he'll probably to it🙁

Gone for Rose and Xander , Koepka was 9-1 when I looked yesterday thought those odds were two tight for me 

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Gone for Rose and Xander , Koepka was 9-1 when I looked yesterday thought those odds were two tight for me 

I couldn't bring myself to back a golfer ew at a single figure price- even if you are getting 10 places, so many things can go wrong so quickly!

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought Tiger had his chances, but 2 doubles and some 3 putts will deflate any round. I know he can’t exercise like before and needs rest, but I’m sure he was a little rusty from taking 4 weeks off and not playing a tournament since the Masters. Koepka could have shot 60 today easily, on a very tough setup. For Tiger to give up 9 shots to his playing partner and not play that bad, is amazing. 

Like I said, a bomber will win this week, there maybe 35 guys out of 156 that have a legit shot at winning

Just watching the 2nd round. Rory has birdied 4 of his last 5 to(hopefully)make the cut, too bad he was 14 shots behind the lead at one point. Watch out for Spieth, no one saw him coming as he’s been playing bad all year. Sank lots of putts, and we all forget that he is just the PGA shy of a career Grand Slam, would be quite the story. 

Tiger’s opening tee shot shows how much smartphones have changed our world, and not for the better. The idiot fans were taking close-up pics of the ball embedded in the rough, and 5 minutes later they still haven’t given him enough room to pitch out, despite police presence and Tiger himself trying to direct traffic. And now as he plays the shot, 3/4 of them are filming the shot. 

I have a newfound respect for Augusta and the no phones policy, it’s genius

• Like 2